Join our team!
Registration & Program Coordination Role
Collaborative Leadership Team
About Inward Bound Mindfulness Education
Founded in 2010, Inward Bound Mindfulness Education (iBme) is a growing nonprofit offering in-depth mindfulness retreats and programming for teens and the parents/guardians and youth-serving professionals who support them. Our model guides participants in developing self-awareness, compassion, and ethical decision-making, and how to apply these skills in improving their lives and communities.
The iBme Collaborative Leadership Team consists of six mission-centered full time employees and over one hundred retreat staff and Committee members across the U.S. and Canada. The Staff Team works with several standing committees, each with a board representative, to lead iBme. We value integrity, mutual support, open communication, excellence and well-being in our team culture and community. For more information, please visit iBme.com.
iBme seeks to add a third member to its Program Team. The candidate will be the first person to hold this role and will join iBme’s Collaborative Staff Team of six full-time employees who work virtually together from across the country. This position will hold responsibility for the registration process at iBme and will support existing workflows offering programmatic, logistical and communications support.
iBme Staff functions as a Collaborative Leadership Team without an Executive Director. This means that we are each accountable to the team, the board, and our community to achieve the goals established for our respective areas of responsibility. The right candidate will feel strongly aligned with iBme’s mission, vision, and values and be energized by the idea of working in a collaborative environment that supports shared leadership and distributed decision-making. This means, in particular, engaging in honest feedback and having shared ownership of decision-making and possible gaps in function within the team.
This role will be the lead on retreat registration, providing logistical support for public and custom programs, and support communications and operations for community engagement. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wants to improve the future through supporting youth. The ideal candidate will have a personal commitment to mindfulness, experience with teen mental health and a desire to support the efficiency and expanding impact of iBme.
This position requires someone who is comfortable talking to a wide spectrum of people with different identities, enjoys detail-oriented work, and feels comfortable being self-directed. This role will support iBme’s programs and community engagement and will have tasks that overlap aspects of administration, communications, operations, accounting, and fundraising.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide daily responses to general inquiries about iBme through emails and phone calls
- Prospect research for national, regional, and community-based partnerships and custom programs
- Receive invoices from contractors, code appropriately, and submit for processing
- Provide travel and event support for teen retreats
- Support Regional Outreach Coordinators with emails, materials, and outreach follow up
- Provide administrative support for Program Team members (e.g., correspondence, scheduling, generating reports, info flow between staff and Committees, etc)
- Staff 1-2 teen retreats a year depending on need, location, and interest
- Organize and synthesize retreat evaluations and feedback for learnings
- Coordinate administrative and tech aspects of online and other programming as needed
- Support and take lead on tasks and other projects as needed
- Manage all aspects of retreat registration from initial inquiry until the day a retreat begins, and then collect and synthesize evaluations post-retreat
- Use Salesforce, Google Suite, FormAssembly, and Authorize.net daily
- Speak with potential retreat participants (teenagers), parents/caregivers, therapists/counselors, and other youth-serving professionals
- Screen teens for readiness for retreat through new participant calls
- Speak with retreat participants and their families about requirements for application/answers, payment/scholarship need, mental health/physical health needs
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date Salesforce database of participants
- Track and reconcile retreat and teacher training program payments and payment plans
Qualities, Skills, and Experience
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in iBme’s mission, be grounded in honesty and integrity, and bring a collaborative perspective to the workplace. We are looking for a candidate that embodies the following qualities:
- Alignment with iBme’s values and staff competencies
- Experience with and a passion for mindfulness and meditation
- Personal and lived commitment to advancing equity, justice, and diversity
- Love of collaboration with a diverse group of community members and excitement for collaborative leadership, feedback, and distributed decision-making
- Deep trust in the wisdom that young people share, especially about their own experiences
- Adaptability to changing priorities and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Problem solving, flexibility and optimistic approach to overcoming obstacles
- Interpersonally skilled with the ability to communicate effectively with parents/caregivers, teens, and iBme partners and staff
- Efficient and highly productive, organized, and attentive to detail
- Comfortable with a program calendar that is busiest during May–August
- Sincere passion for and thrives with detail-oriented work
- Proven administrative experience and the ability to organize competing priorities
- An excitement for using technology to organize and systematize operations
- Alumnus of iBme programs a plus!!
This position will be fully virtual with an opportunity to occasionally meet in-person with staff during retreats and events throughout the year. We welcome applications from all areas of the country with preference given to candidates residing in states where retreats are hosted and core staff are located – CA, KY, MA, NH, NY, OR, OH, and WA. You will work with colleagues in time zones across the country, flexible hours sometimes required. Travel 1–3 times a year is also required.
We determine salary collaboratively and transparently as a team. The range of salary for this position is between $55,000-$65,000 annually. Salary range and discussion is based on the following criteria, and we’d invite you into this process if you were offered the role:
- Total budget availability
- Level of responsibility
- Historical disadvantage/privilege
- Personal financial needs
- 150% maximum range from lowest to highest salaries (except for considerations in #3)
- Commitment over time
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; a retirement plan; retreat reimbursement; and substantial PTO.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, examples of work, and cover letter detailing your specific interest in this job and relevant experience. Applications accepted on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by January 30th.
No phone calls or emails, please.
To be considered as a candidate, please include in your cover letter what reflections you have after reviewing our Equity and Interdependence Dashboard, as well as our Collaborative Leadership System.
Here is a downloadable PDF version for this job posting.
iBme is committed to fostering a staff team that reflects the diversity of our teaching teams and program participants. iBme strives to create a safe work environment for its employees free of discrimination and harassment. iBme hires the most qualified individuals for each position, and does so without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all areas of employment for all employees.